2017 Canada Summer Games
Soccer Volunteer Positions
Winnipeg, Manitoba will host the Canada Summer Games July 28 – August 13, 2017. Featuring 16 sports, over 250 events and a major cultural festival, the 2017 Canada Games will welcome over 4,000 athletes and coaches and more than 20,000 visitors. For more information about the Games please visit canadagames.ca/2017
When: July 29 – August 3 (female soccer) & August 7 – August 12 (male soccer). Game times are still to be confirmed.
Where: Ralph Cantafio Soccer Complex – 900 Waverley Street
Minor Official – Ball Retrievers (youth teams U14 to U17)
● Be right in the action on the field of play! Retrieve soccer balls that go out of play during the game and return to the sidelines in a timely matter.
● We need 10 youth per game, dressed in their appropriate soccer gear as well as a coach to supervise them. Ball retrievers will need to be at the field one hour prior to the game. Shifts will be approximately 3 hours in length (weather dependent).
● Parents – Please talk to your child’s coach if you think your team would enjoy this opportunity
● Coaches – Please email Pablo Szajt or Paula Rozenman (information below) if your team is interested
○ A ball retriever supervisor is also required for each of the teams. Please identify if a coach, manager or a parent could fill this position.
Minor Official – Scorer
● Responsibilities include assisting major officials on the field of play with official match scoring. Must be comfortable with technology.
● Must have knowledge in sport.
● Must be available for sport specific training prior to the Games
Sport Information Desk Assistant
● In this role, volunteers will work with the Sport Information Officer to receive, manage and distribute sport schedules, results, and other sport-specific information
● Must be bilingual
If you are interested in volunteering for soccer as part of the 2017 Canada Summer Games, please contact Pablo Szajt – email@example.com or Paula Rozenman – firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. First & last name
2. Email address & phone number
3. Volunteer position you are interested in
Thank you for your interest and see you at the games! To view the full volunteer description please click here.